Are you planning to go to the coast and you have no motivation so you keep postponing it? You getting tired of the sun and the beaches?- okay, who ever gets tired of the sands at the beaches?! This blog might be just perfect for you anyway. Pwani International Fashion Week and Awards has its third edition coming up. Unlike the previous years where they were plainly focusing on Kenyan fashion industry, this year they go an extra mile to create categories that will accommodate nominees in the whole of East Africa.
“Fashion Tourism is defined as the phenomena where by people travel to and stay in places outside their usual environment to enjoy experience and possibly consume fashion. Pwani International Fashion Week & Awards presents you that opportunity.” Pwani International Fashion Week and Awards
Last year’s edition was held at the EnglishPoint Marina with the regular ticket retailing at an affordable $10. Their categories created opportunities to both the veterans and the upcoming. visit here to view all the 2016 winners
Here are this year’s categories:
- Top Model East Africa
- Female Fashion Model of the Year- Kenya
- Male Fashion Model of the Year- Kenya
- Fitness Model of the Year- Kenya
- Designer of the year- Kenya
- Commercial Supporting Fashion Industry
- Stylist of the Year
- Best Dressed Celebrity- Kenya
- Most Influential Fashion Personality
- Makeup Artist of the Year- Kenya
- Best Fashion Store
- Fashion House of the Year
- Fashion Blogger of the Year
- Designer of the Year- East Africa
- Model of the Year- Pwani/Mombasa
- Fashion Event of the year
- Best Fashion School
Submission are still on. It has been on going since 4th of July; forgive me for the late posting but I know you are still eligible to make your submissions- the deadline is on the 31st of July!
Make your submissions by forwarding your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 254711-22-11-33 or 254733-283-777 for more inquiries.
I wish you all the very best. I will definitely see you there… vacation loading!